Powered By Blogger

2010년 3월 8일 월요일

Springy spring things!

Spring is a burgeroning season and is for a long time for me the hardest season. Last week I forgot the appointoment with my psychiatrist and he was very worried becuase I told him that spring is very difficult for me at the former session. Of course there was nothing happened. And this year I planned to have spring flowers at home and bought crocus, daffodils, and hyacinth.

What is difficult about spring for me is to see and feel the fast changes all around me. In Korea, we begin new semester in March. When I was a student I should have faced the new environments and people at March and I always get sick at the first few days of each new school year. Now I have schoolage children and I myself teach in college. So I still have to face changes and unlike my younger times I am supposed to face them and help my kids and students to face the changes. I do not have any right to get sick and to be excused from the responsibilities.

I decided to make some breathing room by growing the bulbs at home(I live in a flat and do not have garden just like many Korean homes). I decide to enjoy the growth and deceasing of the bulbs. Daffodils and the hyacinth are gone and I am expecting the tulips. What is good about the bulbs are that they will be back next spring. They give me the painful sensation of the changes but the bulbs give me hope to see tham again next spring. This is very important. I have one more reason to survive the stingy spring again.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기