Powered By Blogger

2010년 9월 24일 금요일

Already Pretty: Naked Face

Naked Face:


I and my daughter at home. We look serious but it is becuase of the too bight sun light. The reds around my lips are birth marks I have had since I was born. recently I removed them and am having clear lines around the lips.

I found the naked faces are also beautiful in their way in the list of people adventuring into not wearing make-up week.


I do not often wear make-up in its usual sense; like foundation, shadows, concealers and lipstics. When I stated my permanent full time job in my 30s, people would ask me "Why don't you wear make-up?" (By the way, I am surprised that so many fashion bloggers are from the academic or at least highly educated than high school diploma, and fashion for the academis world seems to be one of the popular subjects around the fashion bloggers. Am I too narrow sighted? Or I happened to jump into the highly educated fashion bloggers and trapped in their circles.) Anyway I am in the academic environment as well.


I want to broaden the definitin of make-up into choosing not to have make-up as a part of make-up world. I wear sun protect cream everyday even during the less sunny seasons. I choose not to get tanned as a part of make-up.

My students are wearing make-ups in their own way and I enjoy looking at them advanced into more mature and sophosticated and flattering ways in many cases not to say all.

My not wearing make-up possibly stemmed from my childhood environment. I grew up in a Christian family where the inner being is supposed to be more important than just looking good in outside. And when I went to collge I could not afford to buy other than really important for living and modesty. My husband somtimes criticizes(yes criticize. We do not share the sense of beauty in everythingf frm makeup, furiture, book arrangements, and dress code.) my lack of fashion sense and wants to advise my sophoomore in university daughter his 'sop-his-cated' tips for make-ups and fashion which usually drive my daughter to bursting into tears for they are too oudated and pungent for a still highteen girl..

I think make-up is choices and not to wear make-up is in the list. I choose no make-up as my make-up choice, not an adventure. I do wear make-up when not wearing make-up is regarded highly criminal activity: weddings(mine and others), year book photo takings, very important meetings like me as a chief interviewer or things like that.

Why don't you free yourself from wearing colorful chemicals on your face into broader choices of not wearing them. Naked face is socially acceptable unlik the naked body to me.

댓글 1개:

  1. I like wearing make-up because I feel like it makes me look more polished and professional. However, I rarely wear it on the weekend, unless I am going out. I think you look good without it, Grace. :)

    Thank you so much for commenting on my blog!

    Cheers,
    Sheila

    답글삭제