Powered By Blogger

2011년 4월 15일 금요일

Mind your own dressing!

While I was reading about the fashion bloggers in Enlgish I confront many cultural differences  in them To day I want to talk avout the size and and body image.
I rea this via Already Pretty's lovely links. (She sure does find many lovely links every week while writing about her own daily attire an other thoughtful subject as a full time worker other than blogging. By the way Ido believe that she can do all these, of course she is a charmingly thoughtful person and has talents to write her stories and other sensitive topics with humour and clear message, I have wanted to believe that she, unlike me who has three children, sure has more time AND she has very helpful husband who takes gorgeous pictures, again unlike my husband who does not even know how to charge the batteries of  a fully automatic digital camera. )
Well, as a Korean, I lived most of my life in Korea but with tangible experiences in other countries as a resident (I mean I was not just a traveler. I shopped and lived in other countries sometiems as a student and sometimes as a visiting scholar.) Yes, Korea is fanatic with sizes, snall sizes and long length and more small sizes. Medically approvable lowest weight is the beginning point of the being fat. I do not think your aunt wanted to embarrass you but her comment is the general view point of Koreans as a whole.


Let me tell you what are the rightful sizes for Korean womanm especially young women. Many young and beautiful girle take all the risks to get thin. Aside being thin there are other tendencies if the definition of "fitness" in clothes.  As a Korean I usually think that the North Americans wear jeans, pants, and tops too tightly, though I do not mind their choice of fitness. Skinnies for the mothers of young girls in South Korea are in many cases snuggly fit pants. You may surprise but the real skinny fitting is at most allowable to the fashion stars of other show business people not for your daughter or your niece: because that kind of skinny vaguely synonymous with the too much revealing. So what you think fit seems like too tight to your aunt; traslate; "Hey, niece, those are too reaveling." The cases are same not just with the traditionally too much sexual parts of your body, like the clevages and your butts. This also goes with your arms when you wear sleeveless  shirts or dresses. However, if you are thin as a skeletons those revealing are regarded as less sexual, less unladylike, more allowable and more fashionable.

And one thing more which is the most disturbing me. It is like this. We are almost full blossom of Spring wiht beautiful flowers and nice breezes. I want to keep myself warm so I like coats and sweaters and do wear them in May or in June if they are not too wintery like fur jacket or thick cashmrere. I wear to the wather, not to the seaon you seems to be in. I have gone through all this comments; "Your cardigan make me  ungreathable just lookijng at it," ;"Wow , how long are you foing to be in that coat? Coats are fo winter.
One winter day I went out in arran sweater and scarf. I was asked whether I have winter coats.

I am wearing winter jacket now.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기